Mister Donuts Japan: Matcha Fair and MOSDO

After Krispy Kreme Donuts, I've decided to try Mister Donuts since it has finally launched something that attracts me-->Matcha Donuts Fair. While I like matcha, I don't really fancy donuts. So rationality dictates that I'll just give one or two items a try. The most popular Pont de Ring, that was given a green wash in matcha chocolate, was surprisingly light and had a mochi-like texture. 
If my taste memory did not fail me, this is actually more airy and less greasy to handle than Krispy Kreme donuts.
To stimulate my easily jaded appetite for donuts, I had MISTER BITS , a box of mixed 6 items. Not too bad and I love the non-Matcha items even more than the matcha ones. There is the bigger box of 30 items if you have a big group to share with.
Matcha Old Fashioned Donut (as dense as a pound cake), Mini Pont De Matcha Ball and Matcha Churro (taste like dried bread instead of churros)The Yummy Ones: Crunchy Pont De Golden Ball and two others filled with strawberry cream and whipped cream.
 
Photo from Mister Donuts Japan
Since it's Japan, anything quirky invention/fusion is not unimaginable. Cronuts are out and in comes MOSDO, the fusion of MOS Burgers and Mister Donuts. Looks yummy but I still prefer to have my burgers and donuts separately.
 
Photo from Mister Donuts Japan
The latest promotion is the second wave of Croissant Fruit Donuts. If you like Cronuts, you might want to give this a try.  
Mister Donuts Japan

Comments